Seriously, I'm friggin' broke!
What girl in her right mind would go out with me?!
Actually dating can be very inexpensive and still be alot of fun.
Remember you can still impress your date ... with your personality rather than with your wallet and you might get a pleasant surprise!
So How To Date On a Shoestring Budget? Try These Methods:
- Meet for a walk, take your dog if he/ she has one too - in fact you will have increased your chances of bonding if you have pet interests especially if you both have the same type of pets.
- No pets? That's ok - still invite him/ her out for a walk - in the park, beside the lake, on the beach, quiet country lane, etc. Check out the local walking resources and find a setting or time that's sure to impress eg. when the tulips, roses or magnolias are in bloom, especially if you both share gardening hobbies. Or go and drink in the beauty of cherry trees in blossom if you're lucky enough to have these in your public gardens.
- Or invite him/ her to feed the ducks, yep, you heard right! Not just for kids, many men and women find this very relaxing and nostalgic taking a trip down memory-lane, as most people would have fed ducks in their childhoods. If this is a new activity then this would be a great ice-breaker.
- Invite him/her for a swim on the beach, bike or some other light sport that she is interested in and buy an ice-cream afterwards. Make small chat. Don't start talking about politics or heavy stuff unless your date is majoring in those subjects and then they may want a break or two from their studies or jobs!
- Go to a fun-fair or local flea markets, buy some silly trinkets, share some snacks - this will allow you to become acquainted faster especially if you're feeling a budding chemistry for each other. Haven't you noticed that these recreational activities and places are more enjoyable when you have company? Your date will notice it too, especially if they have been single for a long time or have just broken up with their ex.
So relax, have fun and enjoy each other's company. If your date is into you, just getting your undivided attention for a day of fun will mean more than dining at a posh restaurant with someone else who they desire less than you. Remember also to be creative - don't be afraid to try out new ideas. If it helps, sound or test them out on your friends first, then tweak for maximum success, before you try them out on your date.
Tip: Don't miss out on a whole lot of dating fun ... because you think you can't! Your free date could be the best date of your life ... so just do it!